Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dallas Cowboys Committed to Winning, or just Desperate?


So I was pretty disgusted yesterday when I came home from playing racquetball with my roommate and I saw that Roy (E.) Williams was a Dallas Cowboy. I've always hated the Cowboys since their dominance in the 1990s. The deal was so intriguing. The thought of having TO and Roy Williams as a 1-2 receiving corps was flabbergasting. That offense is now so completely loaded it's unreal. (Not to mention I have Roy Williams in fantasy in one of my 2 leagues and this move benefits me a lot there).

But is this move genius or desperate? I want to hear from Cowboy's fans how they see it. Obviously many are going to be excited because they JUST GOT ROY WILLIAMS! On the other hand they gave up A TON to get him. And at this point it looks to me like they have more pressing issues on special teams and defense rather than offense.

Is Jerry Jones being genius or is he being desperate? Obviously I'm sure most fans are excited but you can't deny the fact that they gave up a lot (possibly too much?) to get him at a position where they don't really need a lot of help? It's going to be really interesting to see his impact on the team, my fantasy team as well, whether it's catching passes from Romo or B. Johnson.
Dallas Cowboys fans and football fans in general. Do you like the trade? Was it a little desperate here? Who got the better deal? Lemme know what you think!

No comments: