Friday, December 7, 2007

Eric Berry is one of the best DBs in the nation


Back in July I did a post on "Freshman of '07". I stated Eric Berry, freshman FS for Tennessee, as a freshman to watch; here is what I said in that article about him:

"With only one returning starter in the Vols secondary back, expect Eric Berry to start from day one. He is the best cover corner in this years class and could easily be one of the top DB's in the SEC by the end of the season. You heard it at "The Sports Flow" first."

Although, I did get one part wrong, he isn't starting at corner for Tennessee, he's starting at safety. And he isn't one of the best DBs in the SEC, he's one of the best in the nation. But from my observation, Eric Berry has been a huge reason as to why Tennessee's inexperienced defense was pretty successful this season.
He is a pure talent, he can read the QB so well, he is amazing back in coverage, and can even make the big hit. He just has a knack for the ball. Reminds me a lot of a Brian Dawkins in his prime.

Berry has been such a stud coming up with key interception after key interception in pretty big games. He's also held some good WRs in check when they come across the middle of the field. Thus far he's had 5 interceptions, including a 96 yard return for a TD vs. my Florida Gators.



I have just been so impressed with this kid, I mean it is unbelievable. He has a great future in-front of him. He is just a pure play maker and I am wondering how Florida and Georgia missed out on this kid (especially GA since he's from Fairburn, GA). This kid is one of the best DBs in the country and he's only a true freshman. I am glad I still have atleast two more years (or three) to watch this kid in College Football, but it's just too bad I have to watch him play against my Florida Gators. This kid is a true talent and I guarantee you will hear more from him in the near future.

No comments: