Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Sports Flow on Sporting News

So I am a subscriber to Sporting News and after the BCS National Title Game I was meandering on the SN site and decided to give my take on who should be the number one college football team next year.

They said they would pick a few to be mentioned on the site and in Thursday's edition of Sporting News Magazine and they ended up choosing mine. I had a good feeling they would pick mine to display, I mean I am a Florida Gator football expert and plus they probably felt bad for a poor North Dakotan like me.

Here's the link: Sporting News article

Here's my take on why Florida is number one for 2009 and what I submitted.

"Florida is the top team for 2009. They could return 19 total starters, including at least 10 starters on the best defense in the nation. Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin and Brandon Spikes could return, and it is likely Tebow will.

Even if the others leave, they still have plenty of playmakers in Jeff Demps, Chris Rainey and Aaron Hernandez on offense and Carlos Dunlap, Ryan Stamper, Major Wright and Joe Haden on defense. Add in another valuable recruiting class to one of the top coaching staffs, and you have the making of college football's next dynasty."

So there it is, I've always wanted to have something of mine on a major sports media publication such as ESPN, Sports Illustrated, or Sporting News and it finally happened.

No comments: