Friday, November 2, 2007

College Footbal Weekend Preview

This week I'm in charge of the weekend preview. I'll do it a little differently than Stefan, but it'll look a lot like what you are accustomed to.


(21) Wisconsin at (1) Ohio St.
I like the Buckeyes in this one. OSU has really surprised me this season. I thought they were a much more talent team last year. However, they've done nothing thus far to tell me they won't beat Wisconsin by double digits on Saturday.
The Pick: Ohio St.

(24) Wake Forest at (23) Virginia
This is going to be a great game. I like Virginia because they're at home and despite last week's close loss, I feel like they're relatively hot coming in. I like the Cavaliers in a close one.
The Pick: Virginia

Rutgers at (13) Conneticut
UCONN is extremely underrated. A lot of people forget that their only loss of the season was by 1 point to a very good Virginia team. However, this game might be a lot closer than one would think because I think Rutgers matches up really well against the Huskies, and the Scarlet Knights have shown us what they can do as an underdog/spoiler (think USF).
The Pick: Conneticut

(3) LSU at (17) Alabama
On paper and looking at the rankings this looks like a good game. I don't think it will be very close. 'Bama's saving grace may be the fact that they play at home.
The Pick: LSU

Game of the Week
(4) Arizona St. at (5) Oregon
I really like the Ducks in this one, although it should be a really close game (and very entertaining to watch). The game is going to be played in Eugene, and Carpenter is still beat up from last weekend. I like the Ducks in a great game nonetheless.
The Pick: Oregon

D1-AA (FCS) Game of the Week
GA Southern-Wofford
I like Wofford in the matchup but it should be a great game in the Southern Conference
The Pick: Wofford

Upset of the Week
Cincinatti over (18) South Florida
It look like the wheels have fallen off the bandwagon for the Bulls. The kicker is that it's been basically the same for the Bearcats too. But if there's gunna be an upset this week I think this will be it.


No comments: