Tuesday, January 29, 2008

How Quickly and Slowly Three Years Passes

I'm not quite sure if it seems like only yesterday, or if it seems like ages ago that Patriots Linebacker Tedy Bruschi suffered a stoke and experienced a brush with death. I was just thinking about this just the other day and I couldn't believe that the media was too busy talking about Tom Brady's ankle to give a great story like this some pub. Both Stefan and I have been very busy lately and I only got around to it today to see that ESPN had already put out a little piece on Teddy. I had my heart set on it so i had to post it anyways.


I will be completely honest, I don't like the Patriots. I especially dislike the whole cheating/spygate scandal. I've never cared for Bill Belichick, although I consider him to be the best coach in the NFL right now and maybe of all-time. I even will be rooting against the Patriots on Sunday. I've been rooting against them the whole year and will continue to do so. This being said, I have immense respect for Tedy Bruschi and what he's done. I can't even imagine having and stroke and surviving, let alone getting back to playing in the NFL.

"What we've done, is sport, not real life. What Tedy accomplished, it's pretty much a miracle, really. I mean, come on now, the two aren't even close." - SS Rodney Harrison

You can add Rodney Harrison to the list of players I could care less for but he really keeps this one in perspective I think. Not only has Tedy come back he is maybe better than ever. Although he lost maybe a half step he has help up great all year and has good numbers. For a second consecutive season, Bruschi has led all New England defenders in tackles (99) and you can go ahead and throw in 2 sacks for good measure.

You can say what you want about the New England Patriots, because I know that I have. But don't root against this guy. I have immense respect for him and always will. He's a great player and will be my lone personal silver-lining to the Superbowl if the Patriots win it all. I hope that the media can switch their focus over to this remarkable story and one of the greatest comebacks in NFL and sporting history in this week leading up to the Superbowl.

No comments: