Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Putting Your Money Where Your Mouth Is

So with all the hype and hoopla surrounding the whole Thorne, Mirabelli, and Schilling mess I wanted to briefly touch on it and give my thoughts, as well as find out the thoughts of the viewers. I'm sure you've all heard this by now but the NFL draft and a weekend of working really set me back on my posting and I just never got around to it.

On his official and rather popular blog- 38 Pitches Schilling reacts to the ordeal in a very strong yet classy way. You can read it for yourself at the link...Anyways, he poses a scenario where he will in fact put his money where his mouth is. He challenges anyone to wager $1 MIL with him on whether it was blood or not and he will get the sock DNA tested. If it is anything other than blood he will give $1 MIL to the charity of your choice. If it is blood you owe his charity K ALS (notice the cleat) $1 MIL.

His response is classy but is this challenge? Is this a sincere challenge or is it just a bluff? I like Curt Schilling and firmly believe that it was indeed blood on his sock and nothing will change my mind other than a DNA test proving otherwise. I honestly hope that some doof decides to take him up on it just so that we can all know for sure and lay it to rest.

Maybe all us bloggers could get together and somehow raise the money...maybe a carwash or something? What's you thought on the infamous sock? Any ideas for fundraising $1 MIL?

VOTE OR DIE

HAPPY MAY DAY AND HAPPY 100TH POST!

No comments: