Thursday, August 7, 2008

Brett Favre is a New York Jet


J-E-T-S. BRETT BRETT BRETT!

Well it looks like this could all finally be done. Upon finalization by the league tomorrow Brett Favre will be a New York Jet.

I know that Brett has been all the buzz and as a big Brett fan and Packer fan myself I've fallen victim to this all the media attention with extra Brett posts lately. So, barring this trade becoming official this is my last post on the matter. I was going to start NFL divisional previews tonight but I think that TSF can put this one to rest for now.

As a Packer fan this is a hard pill to swallow. But as a Favre fan I'm ok with it. He just wants to play so I think he should be able to. As a Packer fan the Jets are a good place for him because we don't have to worry about him coming back to hurt us really. And as a Favre fan too I think it's going to be very different but kind of fun. I'll be rooting for Favre to do well as a Jet and for the Jets to keep winning so the Packers can get a 1st round draft pick!

By getting Favre the Jets become instantly, infinitely, better. With Favre the Jets can win a wildcard birth. I don't think they can overcome the Patriots (if they do i'll be ecstatic) but I think they can make the playoffs. The Jets did a lot in the offseason to get better and I think Brett will benefit from that.

Well I don't want to make this too long because I know we're all sick of the Favre talk. So I'm finally ready to move on with the Jets as my 2nd favorite team. I hope Brett is happy and I also hope he does well. However, doing well is going to mean avoiding the MADDEN CURSE! Is it too late to change the jersey on the cover?

1 comment:

Brian McFadden said...

HOW UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

I really can't believe that Brett Favre is Jet and that he's changed this team froman 8-8 so-so to a 11-5 playoff-bound contender. Seriously... don't count the Jets out just yet.