Monday, August 4, 2008

Packers QB Controversy Prediction


Well you know that I love to say I TOLD YOU SO! My prediction is starting to come true. Last month I said that Favre would come back to an open competition and surely win the job. I stand by that prediction now.

When Brett Favre takes the field later today it will begin. I'm not sure how long it will take but it's gonna happen. Favre-mania will set back in Titletown as the only professional fan-owned team begins their quest for a world championship.

There is no doubt in my mind that Brett Favre will win the starting job. He went 13-3 last year and had arguably his best (2nd best in my mind) year of his career! To choose Rodgers to start over Favre would mean you are saying that you are certain that he can get you past Overtime in the NFC Championship. To start Rodgers over Favre would mean that you know he will get you to the Superbowl. I'm sorry Aaron, you're a good player and I think you could be great one day, but you will not start over Brett Favre. The last time that Favre missed a start Rodgers was 8 years old! I've had the feeling all along that Favre will start September 8th against the Minnesota Vikings in Lambeau.

This is going to suck for Rodgers and I hope that he doesn't make a big fuss, but if he does i certainly understand. As a Packer fan I'm slightly concerned about what this is going to do to the locker room, and what it has already. I'm sick of the Favre drama and as a huge Favre fan i've lost a bit of respect for Brett. But I know two things. I know that when I see him sling that ball opening game against the Vikings all will be forgotten. I also know that Brett Favre will be the starting QB for the Green Bay Packers in 2008.

No comments: