Sunday, October 21, 2007

2007 World Series Predictions

Colorado Rockies vs. Boston Red Sox

I've been pretty accurate in my predictions of the MLB Playoffs thus far and I would like to conclude it with a Rockies over Red Sox in 7 games prediction. Truly, I feel like the Red Sox have the edge in pitching (both starting and bullpen). However, the Rockies' pitching has been surprisingly brilliant this year and I don't see it stopping now.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This year's Rockies club is reminding me a lot of the 2003 Florida Marlins....but maybe even better. Winning 21 of 22 games is what I like to classify as MAJOR momentum.

Like I said, the pitching match up is a slight edge to the Red Sox, but not as much as some may think. As far as offense is concerned I think the Red Sox have a very microscopic advantage (it's really tough not to give them the slight edge when they have both Manny and Papi). The Rockies have big time momentum on their side along with baseball fans everywhere who aren't Red Sox fans.

I'm very excited for this series. The Prediction: Rockies in 7!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous. With the huge lay off for the Rockies, they can't possibly stil be playing as well as they did in the NLCS. The Red Sox are hot, and are riding huge momentum going into game 1, plus they have home field advantage throughout the World Series. Red Sox take it in five.

Stefan Ming said...

I will take the Red Sox in 6 mainly because of pitching. But the Rockies are well rested and that will help their pitching. The lay off won't be that big of a deal.