Monday, October 29, 2007

Newfound Respect for Arod...Sort of PS - Register at the new site!

Yesterday was a bittersweet day of baseball for me. I was rooting for the Rockies to beat the Red Sox and try and make a series out of things. This was obviously a disappointment. However, upon finding out that Arod had turned down the Yankees, I was ecstatic and almost proud of him. I thought it was so cool that he was turning down the evil empire to go and play somewhere else. The only problem is in the way in which he did it.


The Yankees were willing to pay Rodriguez the highest salary in history and couldn't even get him to the negotiating table, after his four seasons with the team. I truly admire the fact that he could step away from the money like that, all be it he is financially secure right now (to say the least). However, I agree completely with Buster Olney, the 4th game of the world series was definitely not the appropriate time to make this announcement. This came off to me as a real headline-grabbing, arrogant move to me. The way he did this was totally classless. He had 10 games after the end of the World Series to opt out and he knew that.

I have no idea where Arod will go so I'll try not to speculate too much. The Yankees said they won't pursue him anymore, which is good in my opinion. If i had to guess I'd say he'll go to the Angles, or Giants, However, he could go like anywhere, so please leave a comment letting me know where you think he'll end up. Regardless of where he goes the team that acquires him will have to deal with the good and the bad. The fact that he'll probably go on to break Bonds' record (maybe he should be a Giant!), and the fact that he puts himself before the game.

The New Site!!!
The new site is currently under construction at http://www.thesportsflow.com/ We are going to continue with the blog for atleast probably another year or so while we transition. What we feel we can offer with the new site is a Sports Talk Forum (community based), and podcasts along with everything else we're doingright now.

I invite everyone to come out to the new site to check it out and register and account so we can start some converstions going in the forums! Hope to see you all there.

2 comments:

twins15 said...

Puts himself before the game? Such as moving to 3B even though he was better defensively than the current SS?

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I think it is an absolute joke to give this guy any credit for any decision he makes - good or bad. I have never seen anyone less in control of their own careers, as this guy is a classic example of a sports puppet. Everything in this guy's life has been decided by his agent Boras. Nothing more. I have some other pieces on A-Rod at www.infectiousink.blogspot.com