Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A Step in the Right Direction

On the way home from my workout today I was listening to sports talk radio (as any God-fearing man should) and they were talking about the suspension of Pacman Jones. Let me just say right now that this 1-year suspension is what I was pulling for and I totally agree with it. I think it is the best move for the NFL collectively. I don't want to see the NFL turn into the NBA with the whole "thuglife" type of image and whatnot.


"It is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right."
- NFL Commishioner Roger Goodell-


With 10 run-ins with the police in just 2 years in the league the suspension was more than warranted and I don't think it was too much at all. I think he got what he deserved. I think it was brilliant on the part of the new NFL Commish Mr. Roger Goodell. From what I've seen I love the guy and I think he's going to do great things for the NFL. Hopefully these suspensions get the message across. People will ask if it is wrong to use Pacman to send a message, using him as almost a guinea pig. But, no it isn't. Be smart about things, obviously someone has to be the first one punished and this was the right move so quit complaining and don't throw any of that NFL=No Fun League crap at me. Pacman gets a year and Henry misses half of the season (Incidently both were WV Mountaineers) and rightfully so. But do you think this will get players to change their lifestyles? More importantly will Pacman learn anything and change his ways? If I'm a member of the Tennesse Titans organization in any way I sure hope so.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stefan Ming said...

if you're going to post a crap comment like that then you should have the balls to reveal who you are...

stephen a said...

I hope one of you will tell me what that was sometime. But anyways, I think that in a way this could backfire. This is more attributed to Petey, but if he takes a year off football the only thing he's gonna have is getting into trouble

grittysquirrels said...

yea, petey has been known to let it rain like Pacman...but if he's going to get in trouble either way then who cares really. Atleast this sends a message to the rest of the NFL (Cincinatti Bengals in particular).

twins15 said...

"This is more attributed to Petey, but if he takes a year off football the only thing he's gonna have is getting into trouble"

Maybe so, but at the same time this provides incentive to, you know, stay out of trouble. If he's going to be receiving his paycheck every 2 weeks regardless than there is no incentive (from the looks of it) for him to stay out of trouble. If that is taken away from him maybe he'll be more likely to work to stay out of trouble and in the NFL.

Charlie said...

I'm not sure I agree with the "turn into the NBA" comment - the NFL seems to have a much harder problem keeping its hands clean than does the NBA, especially in recent years.

Marco said...

I thought 8 games would have been appropriate considering Pacman still hasn't been convicted of anything. That and I want to use him in the Criminal Fantasy Football league