Monday, April 23, 2007

Just a little bit of history repeating...

So I just happen to turn on the Yankees-Red Sox game in the bottom of the third inning Sunday night, Yankees were ahead 3-0 and the Red Sox weren't doing much with their bats. And then this happens...



Yeah, yeah I wasn't surprised at all when Manny went yard. I mean the Yankees pitching sucks anyways. Then J.D. Drew of all people goes yard, back to back, impressive! Then Mike Lowell decided to send one deep and I was thinking, man, I didn't know the Yankees pitching sucked this bad! Then finally, Jason Varitek does it, the 4th HR in a row. I was stunned, I couldn't believe it! I definitely won't forget the HR derby that happened Sunday night at Fenway Park.

The Red Sox became only the 5th team in MLB history to hit back to back to back to back jacks along with Milwaukee in 61, Cleveland in 63, Minnesota in 64, and the Dodgers of 06. By the way Drew was a part of that too last season. Now I can say I witnessed a little bit of history repeating.

7 comments:

stephen a said...

While JD Drew isnt exactly a power hitter, i dont know that i would say JD Drew "of all people" hit a homerun. He did hit 31 in 2004.

grittysquirrels said...

I just kinda wish I would have seen it...it would have been cool. But since i hate ESPN's obsession with the Yanks and Sox i was busy boycotting the game....oh well.

twins15 said...

Yeah I was going to say exactly what Fetch said... Drew is really good when he's healthy.

point 23 said...

If I was Chase Wright, I would have either rolled the ball to the plate or beaned myself. You gotta do something, Chase.

Anonymous said...

You were surprised? Wow, how insightful. Well, Ming01, I'm happy for you. Great job in covering the under the radar stories. I really like how you called it a Home Run Derby. You think one step ahead, hell I would go as far as to say you are a future Tony Kornheiser. Keep up the good work.

grittysquirrels said...

haha. I hate kornheiser. He's such a goob.

Stefan Ming said...

thanks for the kind words anonymous. tony kornheiser is awesome, always has something funny to say.