Thursday, July 3, 2008

Brett Favre Should Stay Retired

Most readers know that I am about as big of a Favre fan as there is. But upon hearing the news about Favre's apparent "itch" to come back I've started to worry a little.


I feel like that his retirement was something that I and Packers fans alike much feared. The retirement came and went and I think I'm ready to move on. The team is ready to move on, and the NFL is ready to move on. I understand he has the "itch" to play and his family is supporting it, but I think he should stay retired.


I know it must be hard because he is an extreme competitor, and can still play the game at a very high level, but he should stick to his guns and remain retired. I don't believe there is any way that Favre would ever suit up for another team.


I am very interested and nervous to see what will happen with this as training camp approaches. Yes, he's a reckless competitor, but he's also very smart and i think he knows that while he wants to come back, and could come back, he shouldn't come back. I will support him 100% if he does return but I don't want him to. I think it's time to move on to the Aaron Rodgers era. We all know what kind of person and player Favre is. And we all knew that he would eventually get "the itch". It's only natural.


I predict Favre will definitely be in Lambeau Field on September 8 for Green Bay’s first regular season game. However, it will merely be for the retirement of his jersey number.


That's all I've got on this matter for now. Have a great Fourth of July!

No comments: