Monday, July 28, 2008

Take Your Pick: Bears' QB Controversy


Well it's training camp time and i'm in Minnesota of all places on vacation! I don't really have time to whip up any kind of conference preview because I have to get up early to golf Longbow Golf Club in Walker, MN at like 5:30 AM so you better enjoy this.


So is it gunna be Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton? Well there's an old saying and it goes like this, "If you think you have 2 starters, you probably don't have one". Really does it matter if they go with oft-injured and the easily-rattled Rex Grossman or Kyle Orton's boring neck beard? It must not because Lovie Smith is flipping coins to see who practices with the 1st team and who practices with the 2nd team.


Personally if I had to pick I would go with Rex. There was that time in 2006 that Rex "took" the Bears to the Super Bowl. I would go with Rex if I absolutely had to pick between the two. I think the main reason why I would go with Rex is because I look at the Bears and I see extreme lack of talent at the talent positions. They have a bad corps of RB, WR, and QB (probably bottom 3 in the league in all 3 catagories!). I think the team could be seriously bad. With inexperience at RB and WR they need to take what little experience they can get and hope that Rex comes out on fire like he did the first 7 weeks of 2006.


I'm saying go with Rex here and you can always fall back on Kyle once Rex either gets hurt or cries after an interception.


Who would you pick in the Bears' QB Controversy?

No comments: