Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Carson Palmer Should Grow A Pair


I hate the USC Trojans. I hated Carson Palmer in college and I'm not crazy about him as a slightly above-average QB in the pros. I don't like Ohio State either. I do however love College Football. I absolutely love the camaraderie and the rivalries that go along with college football.


So, when Carson came out and trash-talked the homestate Ohio St. Buckeyes I was absolutely loving it! I was very surprised, but impressed. I loved the thought that rivalries and college allegiances never die. I mean, Pro sports are all about the money. You can say what you want but it boils down to the green stuff. College football, on the other hand, is about heart and allegiance. You wear your team/allegiance on your heart and sleeve, not on your wallet.


Here's what Carson originally said:


"I cannot stand the Buckeyes. It's amazing to hear what those guys think about that university and what they think about that football program and Tressel and all the crap I gotta put up with being back there. I just can't wait for two years from now when SC comes to the 'Shoe and hopefully we'll have a home game that weekend and I can go up there and watch us pound on them in their own turf. I'm really getting sick of it and I just can't wait for this game to get here so they can come out to the Coliseum and experience LA and get an old-fashioned Pac-10 butt-whoopin' and go back to the Big Ten."


Even if you're a Buckeye fan you have to respect that! I don't really see what's not to like about that. Carson has a lot of school and Pac-10 pride, both of which I appreciate. So I thought it was pretty cool when Carson Palmer ripped on Ohio State. This isn't anything new for Carson either. This is the same Carson who ripped Nebraska on The Jim Rome Show before USC ran through them last year. Like I said, always appreciate a guy with a lot of school and Pac-10 pride. Unfortunately just as Carson was racking up all the cool points, he had to go out and issue a statement.


“I’m a Trojan all the way, and I was talking to a Trojan audience in California. I guess I got a little fired up, as all good fans will do. But I really do respect the Buckeyes, and I know their fans are passionate, too. I hope they all understand I’m just looking forward to a big game for my school against a very tough opponent, and that it’s all in the good fun of a rivalry. You don’t have a real rivalry unless both sides are great teams.”


PUSSY! Seriously dude, if you're gunna go out and say something like that you better stand by it. I'm glad that he just clarified the statement really, and didn't completely take it back. But don't get me so impressed with you and all jacked up for the college football season and then try to smooth things over. I just think it was a little weak of him. This just whole thing just got me even more pumped for the College Football season!

No comments: