Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Josh Hamilton is the Real Home Run King!

Justin Morneau is the 2008 State Farm Home Run Derby Champion, but clearly Josh Hamilton is your Home Run King. I mean honestly, I could hardly believe some of these shots he was launching as I watched. He even flirted with the little gap out in right-center where you can see the subway! I mean you can play the thing to win it, or you can put on a show for the fans. Josh Hamilton didn't win. His performance lacked the strategy to win given the rules of the derby. However, he put on an unimaginable, record-setting show for the fans. I'll take that any day.



Hamilton's comeback story is even better. The guy has come back from rock bottom. I can't even fathom what he's done. It's the kind of stuff that movies are made of. TSF tips it's hat to him. We consider him the real Home Run Derby Champ!

2 comments:

Jess said...

I decided that after my boy Chase didn't make it through the second round it was 100% OK to jump on the Josh Hamilton bandwagon.

He put on one hell of a show...and his 71-year-old Legion coach throwing to him, that was like the icing on the cake of the most heartwarming comeback story ever.

Stefan Ming said...

hamilton redefined the phrase "no one remembers those who take second"